95 Things That Can Go Wrong Between Application and Closing
- All of Indiana has a power outage.
- The Title Company's closer is having a bad hair day.
- Somebody's mom somewhere is sick.
- The student loan you never actually repaid actually has to be paid in full right now.
- We sent the papers to the wrong address.
- You don't qualify for the loan you want, and you don't like the loan you qualify for.
- The Title Company forgot to call us to confirm a closing date.
- Our computers are down.
- Your divorce isn't final.
- Your divorce is final, but your ex is being a jerk.
- Your new job has a 90-day probationary period.
- Someone in your family said you shouldn't have to do something we ask of you because they didn't have to do it when they got their mortgage.
- You can't decide which insurance company to buy your homeowner's insurance from.
- You ignored my instructions on handling the documentation of your gift money.
- The seller is being a butt head.
- You thought rates would go down, they actually went up and now you don't qualify for the same mortgage amount.
- You know you have enough money to close, but we can't properly document that you have enough money to close.
- Your Realtor scheduled a closing when you weren't approved yet.
- You never got my fax and I never got yours.
- You want to close on the 31st and today is the 30th.
- You have buyers' remorse.
- The seller has sellers' remorse.
- The seller went on vacation and forgot to tell us.
- Your spouse decides that he or she really doesn't like the house much after all.